Through its Fellowship Programs, the Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine administers the Predoctoral, Dissertation, and Postdoctoral fellowships on behalf of the Ford Foundation.
Conditions of Eligibility
- You must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, U.S. permanent resident (holder of a Permanent Resident Card), an individual granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program, or a political asylee or refugee. The Fellowship does not discriminate based on race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
- You must display evidence of superior academic achievement (through GPA, class rank, honors, or other designations).
- You are committed to a career in teaching or research at the college or university level.
- Online application
- Personal statement
- Statement of previous research and scholarly productivity
- Proposed plan of graduate study and research and long-range career goals
- Supplementary materials including name and information for at least three and up to five individuals who will submit letters of recommendation by the January deadline
- Transcript and GPA
- Verification of Doctoral Degree Status Form if already enrolled in a doctoral program
Consult the website for full details.
Predoctoral application: December 17, 2019 at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time
Dissertation application: December 10, 2019 at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time
Postdoctoral application: December 10, 2019 at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time
Supporting documents (including transcripts, verification forms, letters of recommendation, and Postdoctoral host commitment letter): January 7, 2020 at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time