Point Foundation is the nation’s largest scholarship-granting organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) students of merit, empowering them to achieve their full academic and leadership potential to make a significant impact on society.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Open to all college students regardless of citizenship.
- Must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited college or university based in the United States, including Hawaii and Alaska, in the fall of the application year. Students enrolled or intending to enroll in a college or university in a United States territory are NOT eligible.
- Must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ community.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the full academic year.
- Must be enrolled in a degree-granting undergraduate or graduate/ doctoral program. Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible.
- Students studying at community colleges, online programs, or trade schools, are NOT eligible. (A separate scholarship exists for students in community college.)
- Community college students must be transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Must be at least a senior in high school.
- If selected as a finalist, the finalist must be in North or Central America on April 25-27 and be available to fly to Los Angeles in order to remain eligible for the scholarship. All travel expenses will be covered by Point.
Please see the online application portal, accessible through the Point website.
Consult Point website for deadline.