The Marshall Scholarship funds one to two full years of graduate study leading to a degree in Great Britain. In the past this award has taken UT students, in fields ranging from Electrical Engineering to Humanities/Plan I Honors, to Oxford, Cambridge, and other British universities. The Marshall Scholarship will support study at any UK university. A University committee interviews candidates for the Marshall scholarship, and you must have University endorsement to be a candidate.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Be a U.S. citizen at the time you apply for a scholarship
- Hold your first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States by September 2019
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7
- Have graduated from your first undergraduate college or university after April 2016 (for the 2019 scholarship)
- Not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University
Online Marshall application
- Proof of citizenship
- A certified transcript
- A current résumé
- UT Austin endorsement
- Three letters of recommendation. One recommender should have supervised your college or university training. The general recommendation must be provided by an academic. At least two of these recommenders should be in the United States.
- In past years, the Marshall application has included the following sections:
- (a) intended programs of study (first and second choice)
- (b) future plans
- (c) personal statement describing your intellectual development and other interests and pursuits
- (d) your proposed academic program (including your second choice)
- (e) leadership essay
- (f) ambassadorial potential
- (g) description of employment, internships, and volunteer activities
- (h) leadership
- (i) prizes, languages, and foreign travel
Updates and other application information also available on Twitter and Facebook.
The deadline for submitting completed applications to the UT Austin Selection Committee is Friday, August 27, 2021 by 5 p.m. CT. Submit application materials through the ODPS Application for Endorsement form. Also, applications should be saved on the Marshall site.
Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to Professor Douglas Bruster by the same deadline. Please send questions to email@example.com.